Sunday 29 March 2009

My Very First One.

I've been doing this sort of thing for livejournal for about a hundred years, but actually, who even reads livejournals anymore?  I know I hardly ever update it and when I do it's just about how I haven't updated in so long, and by that point so many things have happened that I completely forget what to write about.  So I'm going to have a new beginning.

So. What sorts of things can I discuss.  I've been doing lots of research this week for the book that I've started writing.  I'd had the basic idea in my head for a really long time, and after a sudden crash of inspiration I decided to stop beating around the bush and just fucking write it.  It's getting quite interesting as it's sort of writing itself.

I've been spending lots of time with my sister Pris, and she does make me laugh so much.  The other day we were doing errands for her girlfriend's mom, Tracey.  We had a shopping list and had to go to about 4 different supermarkets for various things.  And at Sainsbury's, she was putting the shopping in the backseat and whacked her head on the door frame so hard that her legs quaked. And we couldn't stop laughing about it for about an hour.  My guts actually ached afterward.  I called it her Funky Chicken.  
She also has a secondary personality called Roberta, who emerges every so often and binge eats.  Roberta is one of my top ten people of all time.

My friend Joe and I found a beautiful Westwood coat in one of the shops in town yesterday, and I really wanted it.  It was a pale blue trench, and beautiful.

Anyway, this was my inaugural post, so I don't have much to write about just yet. But keep your eyes peeled (or is it pealed in this context?) for more things that I will want to share with you. I imagine mostly it will be about things I have eaten, things I have abstained from eating.  Things that made me laugh.  Probably not thing that made me cry, unless those things will make you laugh (ie when i was reduced to a sobbing mess when i watched the lion from harrods on tv).


1 comment:

  1. the lion from harrods made me bawl too!
    i love you, thom.
    this is jenna, by the way, if it isn't obvious.

    ReplyDelete