Monday 27 April 2009

Holidayyyy Celebraaaaaate!

I've just this minute come home from my weekend away in a new place.  So here's a play-by-play of the things that I did.  I woke up early on Thursday because I'm always such an eager beaver on a travel day.  Pris drove me to the plane station, and I was obscenely early, but I wanted to check that all of my papers were in order anyway.  I was nerbous on the plane because of how I hate flying in the sky so much, but mostly just when the plane is taking off, or when there is a strange noise, or when I get it into my head that the engines will stop working and then it seems for a moment that they go off and you get that funny light feeling in your guts.  Eugh!  So then Rory collected me when I arrived and we got a bus to his home.  Then we went to get some food with Darragh and Mary but it was a no eating day for me, so I just had wine instead.  We watched some Grey Gardens, which was fit.  I brought rain with me so it was difficult to go exploring properly.  On the next day, we went for a coffee, and Rory was still really ill from being poisoned by something or other.  And we accidentally watched the worst movie of all time, which is One-Missed Call.  I'm pretty glad I saw it though because I know that I probably won't ever watch anything worse than that for the rest of my life.  That inspired us to watch more trashy horror films, so Donna Marie and I went to the video shop and got some more things, like Elvira and the best thing ever, Motel Hell (aka Hotel Mell).  It's highly recommended.  Some highlights include the woman who was whip crazy, whipping everything in the motel room all willy-nilly.  and Ida was a real treat too.  Harry came round and we all got ready to go to Horsemeat Disco, but we didn't stay for very long because it wasn't very busy and we liked the notion of more moobies instead.  Then on Saburday, we explored all over.  I was terrified by a GIGANTIC leprechaun that had an evil face and great big drooping hands.  We looked at Trinity College, which is where I'm going to attend a basket weaving course that I don't think actually exists.  Then we wanted to find Wonderland Magazine because of the Grey Gardens article in it, but couldn't find it anywhere, and so we got the train to Rory's hometown, Malahide, which is very cute.  I saw an estuary, even!  We couldn't stop cackling about our Grey Gardens obsession and found ourselves speaking like those wacky women without even realizing it.  We got lots of wine and played at Rory's parent's house and Darragh came over and I tried to make a daisy chain in the back garden.  Then the Grey Gardens became to much for us so we watched it AGAIN.  I know. Madness.  Then we went back to town, and hung out with Claire from the radio station, and had a total Pet Shop Boys fest.  And today was spent in the radio station with the harlequin babies and then suddenly and without warning it was time for me to go home.  Now I'm back in Essex and am extraordinarily sleepyboots and can't wait to go back to Dublin again, as it's my new favourite place.
Also, I'm quite an organism.
Tomorrow I'm going to look for a part-time night time job, because two jobs is the way forward, I think.  I can't think of funny things to write about today, because I've just eaten a curry that Lauren brought in to me, and I'm going to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment